[lit-ideas] Re: Victor Hanson in Iraq

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:17:19 -0600

EY:
Who is really in CONTROL of their destiny*?

Not even Vampires ... oops, excuse my racist slur, I meant Undead-Americans ... are in control of their destiny.

: ) Point taken, though I don't know why you think 'Vampires' is a racist slur. No more so than 'humans' is, I should think. Had you called them "blood-suckers", maybe so, but 'Vampires'? Naw, that's a good genus term. Of course "blood-suckers" brings to mind Republicans and businessmen in general, but that's a whole nuther post, let's not go there, not even in another post. And I'll tell you why. Because I try to be a kind, loving person; but sometimes evil thoughts creep into my mind -- like whenever I hear "blood-suckers" -- I can't help but think what I'd like to do to the blood-sucking motherf --- ach! see? See what you've gone and done?

Besides all that, what I was saying to Brian, and you may not fully appreciate this being as how you're a Yankee and live in hell, what I was saying to Brian was, " Dude, don't try to pull that Birmingham loves black folk crap on me. Birmingham STILL loves the Governor." Notice I say "Birmingham" meaning just the white folks. We speak in codes down here. Birmingham itself might be 74% African American, but that's not the Birmingham WE know as Birmingham. Birmingham is now outside Birmingham where the white folks live. Where the money is. Where all the decisions that matter are made. At least that's how it is in Memphis. And Memphis and Birmingham are spittin' image cousins. All there is down here is cousins. And ain't none of 'em dark.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>