[lit-ideas] Re: Victor Hanson in Iraq

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:34:30 -0800

From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You are very amusing with the "racist" stuff. It's sort of like a Salem townsfolk's cry of "witch," and has the same weight. I mean, you think I'm a racist too, and if you said that to anyone who knows me -- and that includes quite an ethnically diverse group -- they would laugh at you.

Let's look at definitions of racism:

- A form of discrimination based on race, especially the belief that one race is superior to another.

- The inherent belief in the superiority of one race over all others and thereby the right to dominance.

- The belief that one 'racial group' is inferior to another and the practices of the dominant group to maintain the inferior position of the dominated group. Often defined as a combination of power, prejudice and discrimination.

- Defined broadly as stigmatization of those we perceive as different from us; defined specifically as the doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior.

And it goes on and on. Just search Google.

So what do we have here? Attacking a country that had nothing to do with 9.11, to torch its cities and inhabitants simply to make a demonstration for others, to destroy its government just to prove an ideological point... what do you call that?

The Bush White House feels that the Arabs are basically some sort of target, an object they can manipulate as they like. This is racism in its pure form.

It's a racist war. Its supporters are racists.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com