[lit-ideas] Re: Victor Hanson in Iraq

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:06:07 -0500

>>Yes, we know Hanson's views. Race war.

You are very amusing with the "racist" stuff. It's sort of like a Salem townsfolk's cry of "witch," and has the same weight. I mean, you think I'm a racist too, and if you said that to anyone who knows me -- and that includes quite an ethnically diverse group -- they would laugh at you.

I like Hanson. I think he is spot on and that history will show he was mostly correct. My identifications are primarily nationalist; yours are mostly globalist. It's good to have a plurality of opinion. But my opinion and your opinion are not why I posted his essay.

Hanson seems to do a good job of presenting the outlines of the two main views on Iraq. That's why I posted the essay, which was sent to me offlist by another list member. It's a clear presentation, isn't it? Sure he has his opinions, but nevertheless, he puts them aside and does a good job of presenting the majority and minority views of the situation.