[lit-ideas] Re: Understanding Why The Compressor Shorted To Ground

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:37:11 -0600

God wanted this to happen to me?

You have to understand that I use the term "God" as shorthand for: whatever
happens happens because it happens.  No need to look further or farther than
our father Fate.  I know that jangles them what believes the Fates are female,
but that's the way the rock rolls -- in other words:
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
God likes it, uh-huh, uh-huh.
Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
God likes it, uh-huh, uh-huh.
Yes, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
God likes it, uh-huh, uh-huh.

But could it have been otherwise?

Of course it could have been.  Preventive maintenance, especially cleaning the
condenser coil, oiling the fan motor, tightening electrical connections may
well have prevented or at least forestalled this burn-out.  But you chose not
to have any maintenance performed on your system.  And you decided that because:
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
God likes it, uh-huh, uh-huh.
Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
God likes it, uh-huh, uh-huh.
Yes, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
God likes it, uh-huh, uh-huh.

So it's all God's fault, I'm not to blame here.

Exactly.  We're just Job doing our job as God likes it.

Mike Geary
living in Memphis because