[lit-ideas] Re: U.S. superlatives (was Victor Hanson in Iraq)

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:40:34 -0600

Sorry to break this news to you big guy but nothing I write changes the mind of anyone on this list who disagrees with me. But I think I'm winning over Omar.

It surprises me that you don't give Steyn credit for being witty. His book is the funniest in the death of the West genre though I know that isn't saying much considering the authors of the other books.

~Brian

On Dec 17, 2006, at 7:57 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

I hate to tell you this, Brian, but quoting Mark Steyn won't change the mind of anyone on this list who disagrees with you. He's certainly not the brightest light in the harbor and he's always so heavy handed in his prejudices that he might as well be me