[lit-ideas] Re: UN question

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:30:35 -0400

I can't remember where I heard it.  If I find the link I'll send it to you.
Sounds right though, that it was a television event.  Even among adults 9/11 is
being forgotten.  NYC is back to and above it's pre-9/11 tourist levels.
Katrina did not inspire a mass migration away from the coasts.  Californians
live with the threat of natural disaster all the time and they're not phased
for the most part by the yearly natural disaster (fire, flood, quake, mudslide,
whatever).  I read somewhere too that teenage angst is as much myth as anything
else.   Teenagers need to work and pay rent, take their minds off of themselves.