[lit-ideas] Re: True believers

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:08:21 -0700

On May 10, 2006, at 6:27 AM, Paul Stone wrote:

Still, to this day I've never put anyone on filter/kill and try to read every single post in any thread that catches my interest. It may be 'just a group' but I think it DOES affect the way some of us lead our lives, even if in very small ways.

I have the same "listen to everyone" policy. Those of us who do, will possibly recall a thread about five star toilets. Here's a follow-up tale.

One daughter is training intensively at present. Among her motivation tricks has been to make a sign and post it in her practice area. She dances, so most of the practice area is taken up with a mirror. Thus the sign, which reads, "Top six in the U.S.?" ended up on the door of the toilet.

The other daughter assumed this was a somehow a reference to five star toilets. I came down yesterday morning to find on the fish tank a second sign, "Five Star Fish Tank," and on the dining room door, "Five Star Dining Room."

How easily we glide from first position to intermediate third.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon