[lit-ideas] Re: Too painful to talk about?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:31:30 -0500

This is the attitude the ancient Spartans had toward sex.  We want you to have
sex (gotta make little Spartans) so we encourage you to have sex, but if you
get caught, we beat you within an inch of your life, literally.  Seems like
Catch 22's are built into war and war promoting institutions.  If that doesn't
speak to the craziness inherent in war, what does?