[lit-ideas] Re: To A Frustrated Poet

  • From: Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:29:56 -0400

I give you this check representing two weeks' wages
And  ask you to clean out your desk today
And go home
And write a poem
_____

Several years ago, someone gave me a little booklet of poems at a
reading. Nice little thing, side-stapled, good line art, well designed.

On the copyright and credits page was an italicized footer that went
something like:

____
This book was produced entirely from office materials and photocopying
services provided by Solomon Brothers, while I worked there as a
temporary filing clerk. Who says heartless corporations can't be patrons
of the arts?
____