[lit-ideas] Re: Three Footnotes for a Slow Day

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 22:11:30 -0700

On Aug 3, 2008, at 7:35 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

I think most Southerners would pronounce "being" something more along the lines of "be-un" and certainly not anything that rhymes with 'queen'

Well then "human bean" coffee shop is just plain stupid, which in the world of "ought" means that it should go out of business, but in the world of "is" means nothing of the sort, right?

Join the regular army is my advice; irregulars have to struggle with too many kinds of verbs. "Je tennis, tu tennis, il tennis, nous tennisons, vous tennisez, ils tennisent."

David Ritchie,
pres de Portlande, Oregone