[lit-ideas] Re: Thinks

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 23:44:23 EDT

<<'Swotted' (UK, fr. sweated)>>
Ya know, that's what I thought and then I thought it was too obvious and I
was being corny...  Does one "swot" in the UK?  Is one "swotty"?  Curious that
it's not a matter of pronunciation only.
Julie Krueger

========Original Message======== Subj:[lit-ideas] Re: Thinks
Date:5/31/2004 10:14:29 PM Central Daylight Time
From:Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent on:

'Swotted' (UK, fr. sweated) = (in this case) to have prepared thoroughly for
an
exam ('swotted up' a subject).  'Fuzz' = the police generally, or an
individual
police officer (originally US).

JL will have the whole story soon, possibly at JLS.com.

Robert Paul