[lit-ideas] Re: The torture graph

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:03:49 -0700

Eric: People don't really think we're at war.

What war is this? Iraq? There's no war there. Mission Accomplished.

Al Qaeda? The USA spends more on its military than the entire rest of the planet combined, and we're at war with 50 guerillas holed up in a cave in Afghanistan? Are you telling me that 50 guerillas are a serious threat to the USA?

Those Islamic guerillas are our enemies? The ones we trained and paid in the war in Afghanistan against the Soviets? We're at war with our own mercenaries?

The USA is at war? And Bush raised taxes to pay for this war?

There's a war? Against Iraq? Which was not a threat to the USA? Which had no offensive capability whatsoever against the USA? Is that the enemy?

Do you mean the 9.11 attacks? The ones in 2001? Five years ago?

This is war? The US engagement in Europe in WWII lasted from D-Day June 6th, 1944 to May 8th, 1945. Not even one year. This war is bigger than WWII?

Is there a war against Muslims? India and the USA just signed an agreement on nuclear fuel. India will be able to make more material for nuclear weapons. India has more Muslims than the entire population of England and France combined. Is India a threat to the USA? Was the agreement a bad idea?

There's a draft for this war? Are there hardships for the American population? Blackouts? Drills? Food shortages? Calls for donations?

The USA has been attacked? The NATO Treaty states that an attack against one NATO country is an attack against all. Did the USA invoke the NATO Treaty and call for all European countries to join in a war against those 50 guerillas?

What war is this, Eric, that you talk about? Show me this war.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com