[lit-ideas] Re: The supergun that couldn't shoot straight

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 00:36:19 -0700

The US has not learned anything from 55 years of
>> foreign-policy debacles.

This is what you wrote or quoted, Omar. This statement is far from what you
contend it meant--merely that the US has had foreign policy debacles. Do you
not see the difference? Do you not see how claiming that the US has "learned
nothing" would antagonize any audience that is favorably disposed to the
US--and even-handedness--even a smidgeon, in some regard?

However, in this instance, as in so many others, I take more offense to your
tone than your meaning--a classic example of negative chemistry.

As for my posts not being of sufficient interest to you, you can block them.

Carol