[lit-ideas] Re: The meaning of life

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 21:33:31 +0000 (GMT)

> --- On Thu, 12/4/08, wokshevs@xxxxxx
> <wokshevs@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, that sounds right. Kant finds all three forms of
> contradiction to yield
> non-universalizable maxims, maxims we have an obligation
> not to will or act
> upon.

Though Omar uses the expression "logical contradiction" to apply to the first
form, it is unclear to me that any of the three involve any kind of logical
contradiction in the way, for example, 'a' and 'non-a'logically contradict -
that is, they cannot both be true. But it can be true that I deviate in my
action from my own maxims etc.

Donal
Hope I'm not contradicting myself
London