[lit-ideas] Re: The end? btw

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 01:04:33 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

My attic has dry heat in the summer.  Don't think I'd want to live in it.  Arizona breezes are like a hair dryer blowing on you.  Plus they have scorpions and tarantulas and great big man eating big jelly fish.  Too much like Australia.  I'll pass.

Date: 2/4/2007 9:59:57 P.M. Central Standard Time
From: aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent on:

They said on the Weather Channel that heat kills more people than all other weather events combined, including cold, tornados, hurricanes, everything put together.  I hate both extremes but I think I hate extreme heat worse.  It's so limiting.  In extreme cold one can bundle up and do something outside, but in extreme heat what can you do?  I kind of pride myself on (probably stupidly) having done the lawn when it was in the 90's in the shade and humid.  It's almost like a challenge, but it's also a great way to become dangerously overheated.  I figure I can handle it but I think I'll wait until late in the day from now on.  I can't see how anybody could live in Florida, but Florida and Arizona are the fastest growing states I think.  People love heat.  It give them an excuse to sit in the a/c.

Date: 2/4/2007 4:45:00 P.M. Central Standard Time
From: ursula@xxxxxxxxxx
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent on:

About -35 in Chicago.   I can vouch for it at least 40 years ago.   And
that was mini-skirt time.
Ursula
on the shores of Lake Nipissing
where it was -24 this morning
and the wind chill at this moment is -31