[lit-ideas] Re: The US Army in mutiny?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:17:03 -0400

>>>from the earliest days of Rumsfeld’s Secretariat, we heard that the old timers hated him, wanted to continue doing things the way they had always done them, and hated his changes. Now some of these that have all along hated him, such as Zinni, are making their hatred more public. I say more public because anyone interested was aware of this hatred.

I tried to show this earlier in describing how Rumsfeld kept trying to stop the Crusader Mobile Howitzer program, how Congress kept re-authorizing it as small print in legislation, until Rumsfeld finally had his way and officially killed it.

That Rumsfeld is so unpopular with the old boys of the military-industrial complex shows that he is stepping on a lot of cash cows and inherited traditions. For this reason alone I give him a pass for the time being. I mean, we're talking about many tens of billions of dollars. For all anyone knows, an unfavorable opinion of Rumsfeld is what certain vengeful lobbyists hope to install in the public...get Rummy out, put a new guy in, and bring the Crusader Mobile Howitzer back to costly life.