[lit-ideas] Re: The Strident Voice of Defeat

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 06:48:13 EST

Don't know if I qualify as a "Leftist", but; Of  course he was a dirty rotten
scoundrel and got precisely what he deserved.   And that helps America out,
how?

Julie Krueger

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The Strident Voice
of Defeat  Date: 1/13/2007 12:59:31 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:

Not true, of course,  but it’s easier to present false-hoods than read some
of my notes.  People  used to just complain about how long they were but your
approach is rather  unique: making up what you think I probably said and
commenting as though I  did.  And don’t say you’ve read all my notes Irene.
 How
many times  have I reproached you for asking a question that I answered in an
earlier but  longish note?  I have covered all of these matters that you say I
haven’t  covered.  As to Leftists presenting the same arguments and
identifying
with  Radical Islam, that is well-documented.  As to the Leftists here on
Lit-Ideas jumping to Saddam’s defense each time I attack him, that has been
well
 document also.
“Okay, tell me about  Qutb and Militant Islam and how the Leftists mourn
Saddam ... “  They  say pretty much what you say Irene, Of course he was a
dirty
rotten scoundrel,  but he didn’t do any harm to the US.  He wasn’t doing
anything  wrong by shooting at American and British planes who flew over his
land.
 He should have been left in charge of his own country.  The  US had no right
to depose him,  etc.
I’m waiting for a  Leftist to say “of course he was a dirty rotten
scoundrel”
 and following it  with, “and got precisely what he deserved.”  Have you
heard any Leftists on  Lit-Ideas use that last clause?
And Irene, you and some  others continue to confuse “Militant Islam” with
“
Islamism.”  It is absurd  to say there was no “Militant Islam” in Iraq
before
we got there.   Iraq was the most Militant  Islamic nation in the Middle East
before we got  there.
Lawrence