[lit-ideas] Re: The Strident Voice of Defeat

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:59:09 -0800

Not true, of course, but it's easier to present false-hoods than read some
of my notes.  People used to just complain about how long they were but your
approach is rather unique: making up what you think I probably said and
commenting as though I did.  And don't say you've read all my notes Irene.
How many times have I reproached you for asking a question that I answered
in an earlier but longish note?  I have covered all of these matters that
you say I haven't covered.  As to Leftists presenting the same arguments and
identifying with Radical Islam, that is well-documented.  As to the Leftists
here on Lit-Ideas jumping to Saddam's defense each time I attack him, that
has been well document also.

"Okay, tell me about Qutb and Militant Islam and how the Leftists mourn
Saddam ... "  They say pretty much what you say Irene, Of course he was a
dirty rotten scoundrel, but he didn't do any harm to the US.  He wasn't
doing anything wrong by shooting at American and British planes who flew
over his land.  He should have been left in charge of his own country.  The
US had no right to depose him, etc.

I'm waiting for a Leftist to say "of course he was a dirty rotten scoundrel"
and following it with, "and got precisely what he deserved."  Have you heard
any Leftists on Lit-Ideas use that last clause?

And Irene, you and some others continue to confuse "Militant Islam" with
"Islamism."  It is absurd to say there was no "Militant Islam" in Iraq
before we got there.  Iraq was the most Militant Islamic nation in the
Middle East before we got there.

Lawrence

  _____