[lit-ideas] Re: The Strident Voice of Defeat

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 01:24:51 -0600

LH:

>>As to barbarism, my reading of history indicates that the barbarians over run
>>the cities when the city folk lose the ability to defend themselves - not
>>when the city folks are outside the city quelling threats.<<

What the hell is this in reference to?

>>Yeah it would be great if they could believe in Islamism in the same way
>>Christians believe in Christianity, but their preachers are telling them to
>>go out and kill infidels if they are really serious about their religion, and
>>if they really want to reach paradise.<<

But in fact, Lawrence, you don't know the first thing about Islamism.  You've
never studied the Islamic religion under an Islamist, you've never lived in
that culture, you don't speak the language, you are, I believe, deeply bigoted
towards Islamism.  All you know is what a bunch of men as ignorant of Islamism
as you are tell you.  Sorry, guy, I just don't pay any attention to anything
you say.  Nothing personal.

Mike Geary

Memphis