[lit-ideas] Re: The Strident Voice of Defeat

  • From: joerg benesch <jgruel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:06:04 +0100

A Wolf was drinking at a spring on a hillside. On looking up he saw a Lamb just beginning to drink lower down. "There's my supper," thought he, "if only I can find some excuse to seize it." He called out to the Lamb, "How dare you muddle my drinking water?"

"No," said the Lamb; "if the water is muddy up there, I cannot be the cause of it, for it runs down from you to me."

"Well, then," said the Wolf, "why did you call me bad names this time last year?"

"That cannot be," said the Lamb; "I am only six months old."

"I don't care," snarled the Wolf; "if it was not you, it was your father;" and with that he rushed upon the poor little Lamb and ate her all up.

Lawrence Helm schrieb:
Because they were MILITANT and ISLAMIC and they declared war against us and
were shooting at our airplanes and attacking our allies and threatening us
and refusing to allow inspectors to inspect and refusing to comply with UN
resolution and bribing Frenchmen and Russians so they would prevent the US
from getting UN approval to chastise them and they were pretending to have
WMDs in such a way that we and everyone else thought they did have them and
they belonged to the Baathists which is a Fascist organization which
involves taking over all of Arabia in an approach called "Pan Arabism."
bon appetit,
joerg
from Suebia