[lit-ideas] Re: The SCUD in a Box Scenario

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:19:26 -0800

Now that is silly my good Dr. Panglos!

Lawrence

-----Original Message-----
From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Andreas Ramos
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:33 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: The SCUD in a Box Scenario

>I don't understand why you think my paragraph silly.

Just what is it that you want defense against? Terrorist scenarios?
Hypothetical terrorist

scenarios? Or plot devices in thriller novels? Or a national defense against
bad spy novels?

What about an attack by the Frog People of Jupiter? There's no defense
against that.

The Bikini Babes of Saturn could land any moment and capture our precious
bodily fluids.

There's no defense against that either.

Lawrence, there's easily 200,000 spy thriller novels. Do we need defenses
against every

possible plot device?

Yes, it's totally silly.

yrs,