[lit-ideas] Re: The Rise & Fall of Somalia's Islamic Courts: An Online History (The Fourth Rail)

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 09:37:43 -0600

Last week the Somali Institute for Peace and Justice held a rally in Minneapolis where the president said "We ask the president of the United States, Mr. Bush, and his administration to stop supporting the terrorists. Ethiopian troops are terrorists." It was reported that they carried an array of signs that said "No more war" and "Islam is the solution."

As Roggio reports, "The Somali crisis came to a head in December, after multiple Islamic Courts leaders openly called for Jihad against Ethiopia" and farther into the battle al-Zawahiri was on video calling for international Muslim volunteers to fight against them. So the Somali Jihadis declare war on Ethiopia and now that they are being crushed by Ethiopian forces the Ethiopians are the terrorists and should be condemned. How long until they plead for the UN to save them? I particularly like the irony of the two signs being held up at the rally.