[lit-ideas] Re: The Rise & Fall of Somalia's Islamic Courts: An Online History (The Fourth Rail)

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 15:16:36 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Lawrence, this is history, but it doesn't answer the questions.  Were the American colonists people freedom fighters or insurgents?  Maybe it depends on what side of the ocean you were?  King George treated the colonists as second raters.  Before Ben Franklin went to England and met with the court of King George he was not for the revolution.  After that visit he saw that he was basically a nonentity non-English (spit on them, American).  He came back and when he joined the revolution.  Saddam in a real sense owed us fealty as well, and as long as he served, he was in our good graces.  When he stopped serving is when we sicked the dogs on him, the way King George didn't appreciate the colonists displeasure at unfair taxation.  Give me liberty or give me death scream the terrorists ...