[lit-ideas] Re: The Rise & Fall of Somalia's Islamic Courts: An Online History (The Fourth Rail)

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:22:06 -0800

Well done, Mike.  See what you can get away with saying when you are in a
nice gentle mood?  I should be in a mood like that.   As nasty as mine is, I
don't even feel like disagreeing with you.  Sometimes I get into moods where
I can irritate almost anyone (and I might not need the word "almost" in this
sentence).   I may have mentioned that I spent the last ten years or so at
McDonnell Douglas and Boeing listening to Engineers attempt to justify their
proposed changes to the C-17.  I had a reputation for being extremely
difficult. Young engineers didn't like coming before me.  To say that I
didn't suffer foolish engineers gladly would be an understatement.  I am
much mellower now :-)

Lawrence

  _____