[lit-ideas] The Philosophy of J. Michael Geary

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:25:00 EDT

In a message dated 6/23/2009 2:14:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wokshevs@xxxxxx writes:
1) This sentence is unintelligible due to sentence  structure.

"J. M. Geary, of Memphis, of Kant, of Grice, was and no was in Memphis
student studied."

2) You do not articulate the meaning of this concept and yet it  figures
centrally in your argument.

"Sex and gender do not genderise _sexism_; sexism genderises itself."

3) This paragraph has no relation to the previous paragraph. Moreover, I do
 not
see how it contributes to any of the issues you address in this  paper.

Chomsky  was influential to him in Memphis.
            Grice  was influential to him in Memphis.

4) This sentence appears to contradict what you say on p.7. Am I misreading
 you
here?

His  Catholicism is protestant (p. 7)

            His  Protestantism is Catholic.

5) You need to document your interpretation of Kant's view here. I doubt
that
Kant ever held such a view.

Geary's  Kant wrote only _one_ critique: for the two unfold nicely
            into  one: the moral noumenon is not a phainomenon.

6) Much of this paper is simply descriptive. It does not develop a  clear
argument on the topic it claims to address. Biographical data on the
writers you
cite show no necessary relevance to their arguments or to your  critical
analyses
of those arguments and should be deleted in the interest of  space.

          Geary's mother was  also from the South. Her family was English
          in part. Geary's  mother met Geary's father at a party. This party
          it is interest to  expand on. It took place not far from the
Congregational
          Church, where  Geary's great aunt ...

7) There is no need to include in your Bibliography texts that are not
cited or
addressed in your paper.

          Geary, Conversations  with Geary.
          Geary, Unpublished  Seminars
          Geary, The Complete  Telephone Conversations.

Cheers,

J. L. S.
grill. (http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000004)