[lit-ideas] Re: The Order of Aurality ratification of fiction

  • From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:53:46 -0400

>>> What I take from Wittgenstein, and later philosophers like Donald
Davidson, is that language is not a thing but a way of doing things in
the world.

As are emotions, in part. But don't we know this treatment of language
leads us to the criticisms of purely functionalist accounts of
consciousness?

Just waiting for Quine's Ontological Relativism Bomb to detonate,
Eric