[lit-ideas] Re: The One Drop Rule Lives

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 22:56:26 -0700

Tom,

Hey, it sounds as though I'm missing out on something.  According to the
Ancestry.com database I'm part Cherokee as well:

Gardner Young Wolf Green (1736 - 1835) is my 5th great grandfather

Jacob Jake Franklin (1750 - 1851)

Lucinda Franklin (1800 - 1879)

William Leander Sparks (1831 - 1900)

Lucinda Catherine Sparks Matthews (1851 - 1921)

Troy Marion Matthews (1891 - 1941)

Ferne Roberta Matthews (1915 - 2000)

Lawrence Keith Helm

In "great" terms Gardner Young Wolf Green is my
great-great-great-great-great grandfather which means that I am not as much
Cherokee as the person running for Ted Kennedy's old Senate seat, but all I
need is a "drop" to get AA benefits, right?  So what are they?  I Googled
"AA" and got AAA Insurance, Alcoholics Anonymous, and American Airlines.  J

Lawrence