[lit-ideas] The Moon Walk

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:56:17 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/2009 1:12:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Answer the following questions in comprehensible prose.

(1) why is there anything rather than nothing?

Is there? Your question is loaded.

>(2) What does "is" mean?

Again. See Answer to (1)

>(3) Does anything have meaning in and of itself, that is, outside the
meaning we ascribe to
it?  How could we know that?

I have to go to the bathroom. May I?

>(4)  Doth God exact day labor, light denied?
That is to say,  is there any moral concept that is not culturally
contingent?  How can  we know that?

Freud said incest is taboo in Native America.

>(5)  Is a thought a thing?  Does it have
existence?   That is to say, is intentionality just another form of
masturbation?

De dicto.

>(6) Where do new ideas come from?  Heidegger seems (it seems
to me) to suggest they develop out of a misunderstanding of words /
concepts -- is creativity then a child of ignorance?

New ideas? Like 'centaur': combination of man and horse?

>(7)  Belief in a god
is shared by something like 90% of the  human race.  Why?  And why is it
that
the extremist religious  fanatics are almost always men?  (I say it's fear
of
women -- is  religion then but a male bulwark against their own cupidity?
Surely it  is.)

In Sicily, it's mainly women who are catholic.

>(8)  Was Michael Jackson a real human being or a product of
Pixar?  I can't decide --  his life was so screwed-up that it had  to be
fiction, either that or it had to be true.  I'm glad I wasn't  Michael
Jackson.  He must have gone thru hell many, many times in his  life.  But
watching him perform was equivalent to what philosophy means  to me.  See
if
you can decipher what that means.  Let me  know.  I need to know.

-----

Yes, he _was_ a good performer. And he did go to hell many times.

I'm saddened LaToya Jackson ran so fast to his mansion to get all the
jewels.

Must rush.

JLS

Steps!