[lit-ideas] Re: The Iran Charade

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:01:39 -0500

Still unanswered is what would have happened if we all ganged up on Vietnam
and won the war.  What would we have so energetically won?  This is another
of those unthought through knee jerk things.   And what is that we lost,
other than 3,050,000 people?  It's been almost 40 years.  Surely by now our
loss(es) would be clear and yet never, not once ever, including now when
pressed for an answer, has anyone said what it is that we lost.  Maybe the
answer is, nothing?  We lost nothing apart from a lot of people?  Maybe all
we gained was relief from having discharged some energy we didn't know what
to do with?  Is that what war is about in the end?