[lit-ideas] Re: The Iran Charade

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:30:19 +0000 (GMT)

--- Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> That is exactly why the Powell Doctrine was
> >> developed--to prevent our warmongers getting us
> >> into wars that our pacifists would lose.
>
> Judy: This is satire, right?
>
> Eric: Not at all. To a large extent, wars are won
> or lost by the degree of public support they
> gather.

True.  (And I see you've partly changed your terms:
"anti-war" is however still not right: the UK came
very near to a mutiny by the   armed forces re Iraq, I
assure you, our Army is not "anti-war".)

But that does not mean the "pacifists" "lose the war"
alone.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com