[lit-ideas] Re: The Immanuel

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:41:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/2004 9:01:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx writes:
Couldn't  Henninge just be left?

----

Don't think so. He contributes good posts. He is obsessed with how the
English people systematically mistraslate German idioms, but -- I say: it's far

worse to leave them in _German_.

(Not perhaps for the sake of the German literature -- but I suppose that if
the Kritique of the Poor Reason had never been so magistrally translated into
English literature, the English would think that 'cant' refers only to some
type  of highland jargon. Ah well.

Cheers,

JL