[lit-ideas] The IPT on CAIR

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:06:06 +0000

http://www.investigativeproject.org/

According to the House Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on
Terrorism, Congressman Peter Hoekstra "the Investigative Project on Terrorism
has performed a true public service in compiling this material . . ."

I posted some material the Investigative Project on Terrorism compiled on CAIR,
but it may not have made it onto Lit-Ideas -- at least it didn't appear in my
in basket.  So here is just the web site.
http://www.investigativeproject.org/FCNA-CAIR.html

To keep what is happening in perspective, I have maintained (along with
Horowitz and Spencer) that the Left is supportive of Islamism.  Notice what
happened when I posted a note entitled

Here it is again in its entirety (the note that so offended two of Lit-Ideas'
Leftists):

[One of the most active anti-Islamists I've run across is Robert Spencer.  He
wrote such books as The Myth of Islamic Tolerance: How Islamic Law Treats
Non-Muslims, Religion of Peace?; Why Christianity is and Islam isn't, The
Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades), and The Truth about
Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion.

Anyway, the Islamists have had enough of him.  They've filed a lawsuit against
him:  "A powerful Washington, D.C. law firm told YAF that Robert was, in
essence, a hate-filled liar and that CAIR had ordered the law firm "to purse
every available and appropriate legal remedy to redress any false and
defamatory statements that made" at the conference." [sic]

And I suppose to distance themselves from the hate-filled Spencer, they've
issued a fatwa:  "May Allah rip out his spine from his back and split his
brains in two, and then put them both back, and then do it over and over."

You've got to love their thought processes: You say we aren't peaceful and
tolerant?  You can't get away with that: May Allay rip out your spine from your
back and split your brains in two, and then put them back, and then do it over
and over.   You've got to love it.

Lawrence

ps:  Where did I get this information?  I was sent a letter asking me to
contribute to Spencer's legal defense fund.  It was in that letter.]

I posted this note because I found the Fatwa provocative and amusing, but Mike
the Leftist didn't find it amusing and called Spencer an intolerant bigot for
the titles of his books, and Judy the Leftist quibbled about whether this was
truly a fatwa or merely a threat and as the details of the FrontPageMag letter
came more to light, she defended CAIR by claiming that none of its founding
members had ever been in jail.  Neither of them were interested in the
assertion that the lawyer employed to go after Spencer with all possible means
was the General Counsel for the Democratic National Committee.  Judy attacked
Spencer by making light of the legal actions instituted against him and making
a disparaging comparison with someone she thinks more deserving.

In short, they attack Spencer and Horowitz for their anti-Jihadist,
anti-Islamists efforts and Judy has gone further and defends CAIR.  In other
words, down with those who attack the Jihadists and Islamists and up with an
Islamist-supporting organization.

Lawrence
Congressman Peter Hoekstra,
Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence