[lit-ideas] Re: The Cosmic Blues?

  • From: Chris Bruce <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:04:03 +0200

Someone on this list seems to doubt my ability to transcribe (copy and
paste actually) a rather simple address for a site on which the
following is found:

> Two consecutive sentences from HARPER'S WEEKLY REVIEW (June 15, 2004)
>
> http://www.harpers.org/WeeklyReview2004-06-15.html
>
>       An astronomer in Virginia reconstructed
>       the sound of the Big Bang and discovered
>       that it sounded at first like a "majestic"
>       major third chord and then changed to a
>       "sadder" minor third. Ray Charles died.

This poster persists in asserting that those sentences are not found
there. ("It's Harper's page, but not that quote.")

I have checked yet again.  The address is correct.

Those who continue to have difficulty finding the quotation are
directed to focus their attention on the antepenultimate and
penultimate sentences in the weekly review found at that site.

Chris Bruce
Kiel, Germany