[lit-ideas] The Big Mistake

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:27:22 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/2009 4:16:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wokshevs@xxxxxx writes:
The epistemic (and personal) force of my written  feedback to
students' essays rests on the premise that the student is being  personally
addressed by my comments and is both personally responsible and
professionally
accountable for addressing the issues I  raise.
---

The big mistake, yours that is, is that a student is _by  definition_,
*not* a 'pro'! Find another word for what you mean,  'institutionally' perhaps.

(Oops. I thought this was a comment by Phil Enns, but I see it's by good
friend Walter -- still, re-think!). It _is_ a mistake, right? Is it _big_,
too?

JLS

**************Shop Popular Dell Laptops now starting at $349!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222031056x1201446063/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.dou
bleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215910283%3B38350812%3Ba)