[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape/ size matters/dogs

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:27:58 -0500

Really David, how can you put black labs in the same sentencewith biiiiig truuuuuucks? They are the suckiest dogs on the planet. Although I have heard some breeders suggest not to get them if you have small children. But that's because labs are big children. And will knock over small children in their silly eagerness to play. I can tell you've never owned a lab...
Ursula (who has owned 4 labs)

David Ritchie:

I'm running three threads together because when I take my Border

Collie cross to a dog park there's often some guy with a large black lab or a Rhodesian Ridgeback or some such who clearly got the dog because he wanted a Biiiig Crittr to go with his Truuuuuuuuck . Ridgebacks were bred to rip the tendons from the legs of lions. I've met some very nice Ridgebacks and no doubt Lawrence's one is handsome, clever, well-bred. But come on guys, can you not get dogs that kids won't be afraid of? Consider your homeowner's liability insurance if nothing else.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon