[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:11:54 -0500

Johnson and MacNamara killed 3,050,000 million people, dropped more bombs on
one country than in all of WWII combined, and when they say, stop, don't go
there, we say they're just  interesting psychological studies.  The value of
experience.

Regarding the fall of the Soviet Union, they rotted from within.  They had
horrendous infrastructure, produce rotted in the fields, blah blah blah.  But,
American hubris says we defeated them.  So be it.  Americans clearly are no
better at seeing reality than anybody else including the reality that we're
doing what the Soviets did in Afghanistan.  What the trillions it's costing in
borrowed money will result in for us is yet to be seen.  At least Murtha has
the presence of mind to see reality instead of jumping off a cliff chasing an
ideology.