From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Lawrence Helm
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:45 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Ten-year-old opera singer

Judy,

Alas, I have 64-bit Windows 7 and Adobe doesn't have the requisite flash
player for that yet.  What is this young man's name?  Maybe he's on YouTube.

Yes, I saw early Charlotte Church.  I was impressed with her at the time,
but my impression as that Jackie Evancho is better.

I hope our resident Bizarro is wrong about how Jackie Evancho achieved her
polished voice.

Lawrence

From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] Ten-year-old opera singer
To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 19 August, 2010, 17:27

Eric,

No doubt you have heard of Jackie Evancho:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/11/an-incredible-10-year-old-opera-singer-on-
americas-got-talent/

How is it possible for a ten-year-old girl to have such a well-developed
operatic voice?  A friend who heard her said Jackie reminded her of
something from the exorcist.  Her voice is beautiful, but it is bizarre that
she should have it.

I didn't have that reaction.  I listened to her several times and she
brought tears to my eyes on each occasion.  She is a prodigy.  I just hope
her managers don't ruin her life.

Lawrence