[lit-ideas] Re: Tautology, Patent & Other

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:30:30 -0500

In addition, if a parent says to a child, "You're not going to the orgy and
that's that",  he's not saying to the kid: you're not going and the fact
that you're not going means the fact that you're not going.  That's
nonsense.  The parent is saying, your'e not going, case closed, stop asking
me, get the hell out of my face, etc.  You know that.  I know that you know
that, and the American people know that you know that.

Tautologies are hothouse plants.  No one speaks in tautologies except many
politicians in their attempts to say nothing new.

Mike Geary
Memphis