[lit-ideas] Re: TUESDAY'S FORCAST

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 06:08:36 -0700 (PDT)

What is it about Americans that we can't figure out the metric system either?
Lord knows I've tried.  I bought 100 grams of walnuts once.  Forget it, never
again.  How do Europeans cook?  Mix 100 grams of sugar into 200 grams of
butter.  What in the world does that mean?  And don't even get me started on
measuring light years in kilometers.  Geez, 1,000 meters in every kilometer.
Like just anybody can understand that.  Why can't it be nice and simple, just a
plain ordinary 5,280 feet in a mile?  And with the advent of the calculator
it's a piece of cake.  Go 1,320 feet (or 440 yards, a quarter of a mile) take a
left and you're there.  Who can't understand that?  No wonder we never
converted to this thing called the metric system.

Andy