[lit-ideas] Re: TUESDAY'S FORCAST

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:43:51 -0400

Knut Hamsun....read his 'Growth of the Soil' many, many years ago. Lingered on my 'ten best' list for ages. What are you trying to tell me here?

carol kirschenbaum wrote:
I subsist on streaming video, being too hot in the head to read. Saw _Hamsun_. Anyone else here? Von Sydow plays Knut. Mr. Hamsun, since you claim to have been utterly unaware of Nazi tactics, which part of Naziism appealed to you? Or were you simply, simplistically betting on Hitler because you believed he'd restore Norway's autonomy?