[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Wotsit

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:40:59 -0800

On Jan 30, 2012, at 1:22 AM, cblists@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> On 29-Jan-12, at 11:55 PM, David Ritchie wrote:
>
>> I stood foursquare with my four squares of Swiss chocolate and wondered
>> whether John Calvin would approve.
>
> More evidence that 'the Lord (or at least the federation of His Swiss
> protestant churches) works in mysterious ways' (and that one can find just
> about *anything* on the Internet):
>
> "... next year is the 500th anniversary of the joyous birth of the man who
> gave the world Calvinism. John Calvin is 500! And what better way to
> celebrate the birth of the dour, ascetic Reformer than by getting a Swiss
> chocolatier to create a luxury box of chocs? ...

Why they didn't just call the British Council and ask for Pibe Bach, only Donal
and the Calvinists will know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpLJLpJ5d38&feature=related

Questions:

a) Would Donal and the Calvinists be a good name for a band?
ii) Which instruments would be played?
3) Can we get Paul Stone on the drums?

David Ritchie,
gigging and giggling in