[lit-ideas] Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 17:59:28 -0700

Out of the blue God or the devil or maybe Coca Cola spoke to me last week.
With the radio silent, I was driving by our local pizza shop.  Some fellow was
unloading stacks and stacks of cans of fizz.  Into my head, as if this were not
the road to Aloha and Hillsboro but somewhere in the Bible, and as if I were
not an unbeliever, and as if I were in potentially in favor of soda, there came
something about people needing a little sweetness in their lives.   I have to
concede it's true.  But if I find out it was Coca Cola talking through my SAAB,
I shall be mightily annoyed.

english is
a garage stocked with tools
notwithstanding is my favorite this week
it makes me think there should be a notwithsitting
and maybe a notwithwithering too

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon