[lit-ideas] Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:58:33 -0800

I have been considering a neighbor.  She's tall and thin, very nordic, very
fit, good taste in dogs--she has a border collie--an accountant's wife, very
pleasant by day, but when I go outside at night
there's never a light anywhere in the house.  For a while we thought they'd
bought as an investment--
no intent to occupy--but in the day there they are: gardening with the dog,
kids and a volvo wagon evident, all eminently collectible, from soccer, music,
robotics and so on.  Where do they go after dark?  My guess is she's taken up
beach volleyball, as one does, and that--tit for tat--they all attend late
night practices.

the thing about a very good bottle of wine
is how like jeeves it is
no matter how much you
sniff
taste
sip
blather about how well the now velvety tannins which dwell within
do fold and blow
it slips in pretty quietly
then goes away
almost before you realize