[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:06:22 -0700

On Facebook the England Mattress Company is offering me the chance to become an independent contractor, a truck driver. What have I written or said, in one of these twofers possibly, that was caught in a trawl, sifted by binary evidence fishers--is, is not; does, does not--to yield the conclusion that I might like to drive mattresses across America? Why do I feel that I have been ogled by squid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDUxjX1Kw_c

"An octopus is not the same as a squid."
"You're picking nits."
"Change of subject. Did you catch Storm Large's one-person show? She carried in a barrel of personal history, set it down, sang some, and then with knife in hand pulled apples from beneath apples, peeling to the naked and vulnerable core. It was fabulous."
"Memorable bits?"

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon