[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Twofer

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:47:25 +0000 (GMT)

________________________________
 From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>

>Surely you mean, "I can't get no satisfaction."

It sounds more like "Dead Flowers".

Dnl
ldn

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM, David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Eurasian Eagle Owl and our crossbreed cat Sonsie are similar in coloring
and size.  They both perch, one on our couch, the other in some tree in Asia.
They remain still and quiet for long periods, waiting to dine.  They stare with
big eyes at small birds and, at night, mice.  One chirps to reassure his
dinner, the other, who knows?  To tell them apart is straightforward: when you
rise in the middle of the night and trip on something, if you hear a yowl, it's
not the owl.

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN