[lit-ideas] Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 13:05:18 -0800

escape in a sky tube passing above clouds
reminds me of the London tube below
we hurtle
we hurl
we are completely in the dark
a body's inputs are kindly redirected towards the complaint box
in a dopey kind of way
we wonder what minding the gap actually means
could it be that we are being directed to enjoy
the brownian motion swirl
that vague scattering of thoughts
which like motes
float
could it be that speed
reduces our desire for gravity
sagacity
and so
like simpletons or shops to let
we stare with glass
specked eyes
as the plane lands we are informed that things may have shifted in transit
we smile
we nod
we head out
exit as
quickly and
heedlessly
as possible

"There is a problem there, of course," said Wenger. "But what is important when
you have a problem is to do something about it.  The second thing is to have
the strength to do something about it. We have the strength and we will do
something about it.  In England, the response is always to sort out your
problems by buying players. It's one way to do it and if we need it we'll do
it.  But from 3 December to 1 January we have 28 days and many big games. So
what is important is immediately to do something about it."

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon