[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 19:45:06 -0700

On Sep 30, 2012, at 7:21 PM, John McCreery wrote:

> Serendipitously, I am in the midst of a conversation in another forum about
> the nature of the good life.

Among the defining features, I believe, are listening, observing, bearing
witness, joining in, trying to help the old lady who seemed lost and only spoke
Russian, having people like you respond when I write.  Thank you.  The
opposite...is probably...some forced march of deans appearing over the rise and
that blasted woman who keeps calling from "Cardmember Services."  She reminds
me of "Motorway Services" when they all belonged to Trust House Forte, Spittle
Chef and other such names.

David Ritchie,
listening to Liszt played by Robert Silverman in
Portland, Oregon