[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Twofer

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:22:58 -0700

On Aug 26, 2012, at 4:25 PM, John McCreery wrote:

> P.S. It's where I acquired a liking for Talisker.

People tell me that "whiskey" must be used only for American drinks.   One way
or another, we all know you have "lively water," or "water of life" in mind.
Here's a thought: I believe I'm correct in saying I've never tasted a drop of
whisky in Scotland.  Isn't that odd!  Just happenstance and circumstance and
generally being the Dad and driver.

I can't remember what Talisker tastes like, so there's education somewhere in
my future.  The prompt here was Caol Ila, a bottle of which I picked up, of all
places, at an airport in Mexico.  Good stuff.

Cheers,

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon