[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Review

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:33:13 -0400

Great review, thank you.  Her father sounds like he was most certainly
beaten in childhood and possibly molested, absolutely guaranteed to have
had no male presence in his life worth anything.  Most likely, he was an
intensely unhappy, terrified and confused child who was clearly overwhelmed
(hence the need to shut down) while being taught that he was "king" ("king"
is oldest son, but something along those lines).  "King" or some version of
male superiority brainwashing means he most likely developed some degree of
narcissistic personality disorder.  He was carefully taught that "manly"
equals violence.  It's almost guaranteed that this is a very troubled, very
unhappy man who would welcome an opportunity to feel like a human being.

His penchant for violence illustrates one of the four pillars of what men
are allowed in most of the world, including our society (violence, money,
sex and depression) taken to its logical conclusion.  Women are allowed to
be doormats.  That this author stepped outside that role says she had
someone or something to compensate.  I imagine living in Canada certainly
was a big factor.

> doesn't take it easy on all the other islamic men, and many islamic
> men in general, who DO march in lockstep as automatons in the name of
> Allah.

See above.  Related to male children being assigned the role of ?king? by
Arabs, Jews have the "Jewish Princess".  The role gets the attention; the
child is forgotten.  When they grow up, roles make terrible parents.