[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Poem (welcome to Cassidy)

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:18:31 +0000 (GMT)

--- Cassidy Dann <cassidy_dann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >new, Welcome.  I'm the officially non-official
> Welcoming Agent.

actually he's the unofficial non-offical WA, but let
that be

> I *am* new. Thank you for the welcome. I have to
> admit, though, that am
> somewhat overwhelmed by the volume of things here.
> Paralyzed for the moment
> between the two equally unpalatable choices of
> reading everything and
> deleting everything, I may soon run screaming for
> the silence of the hills.

I know the feeling -- particularly as *3* lists I'm on
are discussing the Cartoons...  The answer is to skim
and to read selectively, but of course you can only
really do that when you know the List (my hands and
perhaps my brain first typed Lost!) better... Huh.

I hope you aren't on dialup.

 Just now I'm
> sabbatical, supposedly writing a book, although that
> is a subject we shall
> avoid. I used to teach middle schoolers English Lit
> before ill-health drove
> me to other pastures.

Ah.  I am a disability-retired academic.  Not lit, but
do bring some lit into the list!

> >Is Rappahannock a name you gleaned from the Legend
> of Sleepy Hollow?

Mike has ESP, you know: I saw Sleepy Hollow (again)
last night.  Nice movie.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

http://www.yahoo.co.uk/blackberry